Snafu Con Karaoke Contest 2014

What contests have you participated in at other cons? What have you liked? What should we have?

Snafu Con Karaoke Contest 2014

Postby Odiemodie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 am

Oye, there!

Just have some questions, and perhaps, a request... of sorts...

Can a contestant supply their own music track of their selection? Like... in CD format?

Of course, ask if you folks have the particular song I will be singing. Hopefully you do... if not, I will be happy to provide the track... as long you have some kind of CD player... or a PC lap top that can burn it to be played for the event.

And lastly... the song I will sing is an original track, but with a twist... in other words, the lyrics are redoned in relation to a particular and popular Anime series... quite amusing and sung in the style of ol' Blue Eyes himself... kind of fitting, in a place such as the Grand Sierra Resort, maybe? I've performed this humorous Anime-Jazz enduced ditty before during the halftime of the Masquerade/ Cosplay Contest at the Kon here early this year...

So, if this is not passive to be qualified as karaoke entry, then may I perform the song as the Judge's deliberation act, while they deliberate on the winners?

It's a sacrifice, but hey... I'll do it to just entertain the patrons of the convention... which is what I do at the convention I attend every year... entertaining the Otaku crowd... ;)

Let me know what's the status, I'll let you know more of the details!

Stride on, Snafu Con! 8-)
COSPLAYS FOR SNAFU CON 2014:
RANDOLF THEE YAYEE (Wizard): LOTR
ANIME SCHOOLBOY JROCKER
LUIGI/ BOOBUSTER LUIGI: SMB/ LUIGI'S MANSION
HANNES: ATTACK ON TITAN
Odiemodie
Bagel Thief

Re: Snafu Con Karaoke Contest 2014

Postby TheBossDog » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello!
I'm the Karaoke department head, Kiba.

In regards to using original tracks, YES. You may bring your own track either on flash drive, CD, or MP3 format.
But please ask first if we have it!

I know it's an original track, so I'm interested in hearing it! Please make sure to sign up for the contest!

Hope I helped!
TECH TEAM
I'm a yaoi fanboy + I love my boyfriend to death.
Problem?
TheBossDog
Yay!

Re: Snafu Con Karaoke Contest 2014

Postby Odiemodie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 am

Aloha, Kiba! Mahalo! Thank you for your reply! :)

I will go ahead and sign up! Aye, I'll list what song I will sing... do we get to hear the track you have? Should the one you have be not like the one I have, then I'll bring my CD to the sound tech to play for the contest. And... my entry is still legit, even with the lyrics changed, right? I can do a premee run of it if you want to hear it beforehand of the event... I have to say right out... I'm not the greatest karaoke singer, just a fun fan, all for fun... so the judges can critique all they want... :P I'm looking forward in performing this tune for all of you!

As Ol' Blue Eyes would say:

"Swing it, baby! You're GOLDEN!" 8-)
COSPLAYS FOR SNAFU CON 2014:
RANDOLF THEE YAYEE (Wizard): LOTR
ANIME SCHOOLBOY JROCKER
LUIGI/ BOOBUSTER LUIGI: SMB/ LUIGI'S MANSION
HANNES: ATTACK ON TITAN
Odiemodie
Bagel Thief

Return to Contests