Guests

Suggest anything. Stuff for website, stuff for forums, stuff for con, stuff for dinner, etc.

Guests

Postby Shadowterm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I am in charge of making a list of, and inviting guests for SNAFU Con. As I am biased, I would like suggestions on guests. This thread solves two purposes. 1. I get feedback from you. 2. I have a list somewhere besides my own deranged mind.

So far I'm definitely inviting:
Ask a Ninja
. . .
And honestly that's the only one I've deemed a 'must.' There are others, but at the moment he's the one I MUST INVITE.

Anyway, post suggestions. If I like it it's added to the list above. As you can see, that list needs fleshing out immensely.
I am this forums Chaotic Good Admin, as such punishment will be kept amusing and at violators expense.

I look forward to dishing you some forum justice soon.
Shadowterm
Admin Ninja

Re: Guests

Postby beta » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:21 pm

I know that Jennie Breeden, the author of devil's panties, only wants a plane ticket, a hotel room, and a table to sell her books. =)
I know myself and James like her comics, anyone else?
Stupid cats. Can't ever seem to get them back in their bags.
beta
Resident (evil) Priestess of Doom

Postby Chibi-Freshmen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:59 pm

you should try to get a hold of Vic Mignogna, if he showed up for the con then many many fans would come to the convention.... and also you might want to try to get a hold of Fred Gallager the artist and maker of the webcomic and now books mega tokyo http://megatokyo.com/index.php.

i will add more if i think of any
"Cosplay... It
Chibi-Freshmen
Bagel Thief

Postby beta » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:24 pm

The only problem is that those are two VERY big names. Yes, they'll bring a huge crowd in, but our budget is very very small. This is our first year so we don't have much to go with. (Most of our money is going into renting the space, I expect.)

I'm working on sponsorship, but we're looking at people that we don't think will break our bank.

It doesn't hurt (or cost) to contact them, though, so go to it, Origami! See what they want to come to our con.
beta

Postby FluffyRein » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Fluffy will be happy to be a guest. 8D

Just wait a year and you'll have yourself a Ninja Warrior as a guest! XD Contradictory, I know.
Fluffy is you golden ticket to the magic land of Snafucon! Not really, but Fluffy is about as much fun as watching a scorpion and camel spider brawl.
FluffyRein
Bagel Thief

Postby Theophenes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Robert Wiese is a partial creator of the Living Greyhawk Setting and former leader of the RPGA for seven years, and according to the wizards of the Coast website, he actually works at UNR.
Theophenes
Super-Rookie

Postby JennyferStrange » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Um maybe just contacting FUNimation would help. They might be able to give suggestions on who would be willing to come on a small budget. And it would get them interested in donating stuff for the Con
JennyferStrange
Bagel Thief

Postby Shadowterm » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 pm

I'll have to get that E-mail to the Ask a Ninja sent off, I now have much renewed hope he'd do something live! Promo for San Francisco live performance
I am this forums Chaotic Good Admin, as such punishment will be kept amusing and at violators expense.

Shadowterm
Admin Ninja

Postby AmazingKenchan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 pm

I just don't know any non-big guests haha -__-

Let us grow for a few years though, and I'll be able to bring in some big name J-core artists from Japan.
AmazingKenchan
Super-Rookie

Postby Nuriko Windchaser » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm

AmazingKenchan wrote:Let us grow for a few years though, and I'll be able to bring in some big name J-core artists from Japan.

That would be so cool. *chuckle* The only guests I ever care about are artists and Japanese guests.
Nuriko Windchaser
Super-Rookie

Postby beta » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Nuriko Windchaser wrote: The only guests I ever care about are artists and Japanese guests.

I actually never cared about the guests, personally. I'm just not a very star-struck person. It's only very recently, like in the last year, that I've even started to go to the voice actors' panels, and only because they're usually a blast. The voice-actors are usually VERY entertaining.
But I don't go out of my way for it.
beta

Postby Nuriko Windchaser » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:11 pm

beta wrote:I actually never cared about the guests, personally. I'm just not a very star-struck person. It's only very recently, like in the last year, that I've even started to go to the voice actors' panels, and only because they're usually a blast. The voice-actors are usually VERY entertaining.
But I don't go out of my way for it.

This last winter Sac-anime was the first time in a LONG time that I've cared about the con's guests. No wait, that's not true... Yaoi-con had Wendy Pini a couple years ago and I was over the moon to get to meet her. *chuckle*

Though now that I think about it, you guys might want to look into seeing if you can get Voltaire. I saw his performance at the last Sac-anime (one of the reasons why I was so excited to go) and it was amazing. And according to a friend of mine who was staff at a local bar that was considering trying to get him to perform, it's pretty easy and cheap to get him. And if you can get him, you'll be guarenteed to get a lot of local people signing up for one-day admissions, at least, because he's popular with both the geek and the goth set.
Nuriko Windchaser
Super-Rookie

Postby Nuriko Windchaser » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:55 pm

My computer is giving me problems, so I couldn't check Voltaire's webpage for information before suggesting him... I've only got my friend's word for it, I'm afraid. And they ultimately decided not to try to book him because the bar isn't set up terribly well for music performances. But he was absolutely amazing at sac-anime.
Nuriko Windchaser
Super-Rookie

Postby kiyonesohma » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:01 pm

OK I know he's a big name but he's not like as popular as say Vic is. I also know he likes the smaller home town cons so you might be able to work with him. Todd Haberkorn. I have his agents website information it's www.thehorneagency.com
kiyonesohma
Yay!

Postby kiyonesohma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I contacted his agents and they gave me the info for booking him. A two day con cost 600 dollars plus travel and hotel room. I don't know if that's possible but that's the info for Todd Haberkorn.
kiyonesohma
Yay!

Postby Theophenes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:35 pm

oddly enough, Wikipedia has given me soem knwledge about some of the more weird famous natives:

Jason Shane-Scott was born in the area. His credits include Shreiker and the second Starship Troopers movie, as well as a few other horror-related things.

Terri Ivens was the voice of Lupe, a bit character from the Grim Fandango game, and has won a few awards as an actress. She also had a small role in "They Cam from outer space."

http://www.reelaccess.com/talent/jason-shanescott/

http://www.terriivens.net/

These two might come on the cheap, being locals and all. Contact info's on the websites, but Id' rather you did the guest thing.
Theophenes
Super-Rookie

Postby AngelboyDark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Also Brian Crane the artist for Pickles in the paper is a local and might want to come and do a panel about other (american) cartooning. He doesn't draw anime but he is really successful at the type of animation he does.
AngelboyDark
Chair

Postby Theophenes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 pm

http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.co ... 0c17be9953

These guys are lunatics, and woudl be fun for a comedy panel thingy. I could write them into something insane enough. I know it. Or maybe they'd jsut watn their own abridged panel. See if you can't get into e-mail with them, this is a contact page. Sadly, their site is broken.
Theophenes
Super-Rookie

Postby Shadowterm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Yu-gi-oh the abridged series would be a great guest group to have, my question is, where are they? As you said, the site is broken. I'll have to do some digging later.

Shadowterm
Admin Ninja

Postby TJSomething » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Almost every single character in Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series is voiced by Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany, who lives in Great Britain, according to this page I found on him using Google.

So, yeah. That's not going to work. I would recommend going for other popular Abridged Series producers. The closest one I found was hbi2k, who did/is doing abridged series for Berserk, Gantz, and Vision of Escaflowne. I can't vouch for the quality of any of these, but he lives in Tuscon, Arizona.

Edit: Apparently, LittleKuriboh is showing up at Kami-Con with Vic Mignogna, so that's about the league we're talking about.
By reading this post, you agree to hold this user blameless for any and all problems, including but not limited to the end of the world, the comeback of disco, and the fall of the Roman Empire.
TJSomething
Unwilling Mod

Postby Chibi-Freshmen » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Todd Haberkorn he plays Allen Walker from d.gray-man, Hikaru Hitachiin from Ouran High School Host Club, and Death the kid from soul eater.
from what i have heard he enjoys going to starting out cons... such as this one... and he would draw in a huge crowd... its worth a shot to try to contact him at the least.
"Cosplay... It
Chibi-Freshmen
Bagel Thief

Postby zephyr8965 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Hm...how about some web comic artists?

Jen, A.K.A. Savage Sparrow (Mystic Revolution)
Author of Geist Panik (Drawing a blank on his name, at the moment)
Author of SNAFU (Seems fitting. I've heard he's lazy, but might be awesome if you did get him to show up) :P

Also, someone else you really should invite, in my opinion, is Monty Oum. Seriously, if you got him to show up, it'd be SOOOO awesome. The guy's just awesome.

Here's his DevArt Page:
http://montyoum.deviantart.com/

He's also the creator of a few popular fan-videos such as Haloid, Dead Fantasy, Road and Icarus. He's also, as of recently, an employee of Rooster Teeth, another potential guest to invite.
By the time you are done reading this, you will have conscious control of your breathing.
zephyr8965
Hijackers' Minion

Postby lovelyYAOI » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:20 pm

o w o

i vote we get pikminlink to come to our convention .

XD
lovelyYAOI
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby snow.becomes.spring » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:54 pm

yaoi-chan: that was my idea D:

XD

BUT YESH. WHAT SHE SAID. ;~;

EDIT; she's big, but not too big. she could possible bring a fairly big crowd to the con. o: and judging by her site, she doesn't have any plans for october. *nodnod* 8D i was thinking of asking her on facebook if she had any plans/cons in october...and maybe she'd like to come to ours.......................but eh *shrugs* maybe professional asking...something...would be better o...o
March to the beat of the drummer you love
Followthroughhallways of s?o???? and di?mond
-x-
snow.becomes.spring
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby lovelyYAOI » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:58 pm

snow.becomes.spring wrote:yaoi-chan: that was my idea D:

XD

BUT YESH. WHAT SHE SAID. ;~;

EDIT; she's big, but not too big. she could possible bring a fairly big crowd to the con. o: and judging by her site, she doesn't have any plans for october. *nodnod* 8D i was thinking of asking her on facebook if she had any plans/cons in october...and maybe she'd like to come to ours.......................but eh *shrugs* maybe professional asking...something...would be better o...o

XDD i was going to say it was your idea but i was too lazy to edit .

/ rolls
lovelyYAOI
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby Ryn_Valentine » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm

What about Traci Hines? She's an aspiring actress/singer/voice over actor. She's on Youtube and does AMAZING covers of Disney songs, as well as write her own music. She's incredibly talented and you've probably seen her as the bright red-head on hottopic.com as a model.

Her youtube pages are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TraciJHines and http://www.youtube.com/user/TraciHines.

You can find her on Myspace music, facebook and on AnimeTV.

I think she'd be great for the con. :>
Ryn_Valentine
Bagel Thief

Postby snow.becomes.spring » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:59 pm

^ Yes! ^^ I never really thought of her for an anime con... but yeah! That'd be pretty sweet! ^^
-x-
snow.becomes.spring
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby Ryn_Valentine » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 am

snow.becomes.spring wrote:^ Yes! ^^ I never really thought of her for an anime con... but yeah! That'd be pretty sweet! ^^

She could do anime, I'm sure. Or dress as a cute harajuku and perform. Either way, she'd be amazing me thinks.
Ryn_Valentine
Bagel Thief

Postby snow.becomes.spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:11 am

Ryn_Valentine wrote:
snow.becomes.spring wrote:^ Yes! ^^ I never really thought of her for an anime con... but yeah! That'd be pretty sweet! ^^

She could do anime, I'm sure. Or dress as a cute harajuku and perform. Either way, she'd be amazing me thinks.

Yesh! >w<

And I wonder where Magalink lives...o:
-x-
snow.becomes.spring
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby lovelyYAOI » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 am

dude it would be freaking awesome if we got man-faye to come to SNAFU.

i would die happy. i would be blind of course, but i would die laughing my ass off.

:'D
lovelyYAOI
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby snow.becomes.spring » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm

...wha?

i wonder what'd happen if we got vic mignogna to come...
-x-
snow.becomes.spring
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby lovelyYAOI » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 pm

that would be pretty epic.

last time he went to sac-anime it was amazing <3
lovelyYAOI
SNAFU Hijacker

Postby otakugirl355 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Can you guys invite Alejandro Saab back to snafu con for the 2017 con?
otakugirl355
Yay!

Postby otakugirl355 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:42 pm

There is a super amazing cosplayer named uptown cosplay. She is on youtube and she hosts amazing panels. Could you guys maybe look into inviting her to snafu con? I would love to see her panels and maybe get some cosplay tips from her.
otakugirl355
Yay!

Return to Suggestions